- Yesterdray was Liu Xiaobo‘s birthday (NobelPeace Prize winner who’s currently a political prisoner in China). You can sign a petition for his (and his wife’s) release at Change.org. (source)
- An interesting (if depressing) article about how hard it is to be a single mom in South Korea. (The Korea Times via Omona)
- Via the Onion: U.S. Signs Declaration Of Dependence On China
- I was doing a display on the Best YA books of 2012 and came across The Atlantic Wire’s The Y.A./Middle-Grade Book Awards, 2012 Edition.
- A really awesome picture of a butterfly (the Animal Blog).
- And some Big Bang performing at SBS Gayo DaeJun. Yes, they are my favorite group.
Happy New Year, everyone!