- Check out some heartbreaking and breathtaking (but not in a good way) photographs of the historic flooding in Colorado (The Atlantic).
- A short, but kind of adorable interview with Mark Harmon about NCIS (Yahoo. I’m sad that Ziva is leaving, though I haven’t watched most of last season.
- Some truly beautiful photos. The View from Above: from landscapes to seascapes, from mountaintops to the valleys below, from Bhutan to Bismarck — a bird’s-eye tour of the world (Foreign Policy)
- What your office (clean or dirty) says about you (New York Times). Personally, I like to keep my office/cubicle clean (and I’m trying to keep my apartment looking clean as well).
- From H. In China, mixed marriages can be a labor of love: In one major Chinese city, marriages between Chinese and Africans are on the rise. In a country known for monoculture, it isn’t easy (Christian Science Monitor).
- A really interesting, somewhat unbelievable and ultimately depressing article about a missing American college student. A very long read, but very well written: Was An American College Student Kidnapped By North Korea? (BuzzFeed)
- Another really interesting, somewhat unbelievable (but all too real) and ultimately depressing article. It’s also a good demonstration of how the internet brings people together more than it isolates us. Omar and Me: My strange, frustrating relationship with an American terrorist (Foreign Policy).
- A very charming article/story about a woman body builder from the 1940s: The Strongest Lady in the World by Red Smith (1905–1982) (Library of America)
And now for some music, a little post-rock for relaxation. Enjoy the album Restore by My Cats A Stargazer: