Originally posted on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at ROPL.org.
Legendary folk singer and activist Pete Seeger died January 27, 2014. He was 94. Visit the library and check out our display of music and books about and by Pete Seeger. Our collection includes Alec Wilkinson’s biography of Seeger: The Protest Singer; children’s books: Abiyoyo and One Grain of Sand; and cds: The Essential Pete Seeger, Birds, beasts, bugs & fishes, little & big, and others. And why not learn to play the banjo with the DVD version of Seeger’s famous book: How to Play the 5-String Banjo.
For more on Pete Seeger, check out these obituaries and links.
- Pete Seeger, Songwriter and Champion of Folk Music, Dies at 94 New York Times
- Pete Seeger dies aged 94 Guardian
- Pete Seeger, Folk Music Icon And Activist, Dies At 94 NPR
- Pete Seeger, legendary folk singer, dies at 94 Washington Post
- 8 songs to remember Pete Seeger The Week
- Pete Seeger: the road goes on for ever Guardian
- Pete And Tao Seeger And Friends’ Sunday-Night Singalong: Newport Folk Festival 2009 NPR
- Pete Seeger Contemporary Musicians, 2003 (available to Royal Oak cardholders via Biography in Context)