Originally posted on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at ROPL.org.
Margo Rabb, author of the new YA novel Kissing in America, compiled a list of Classic Feminist YA everyone should read. Check out the original article on The Huffington Post and then check out one of the books.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, 1847
- Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery, 1908
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith, 1948
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, 1952
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, 1970
- Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume, 1981