No musical reviews for you this week, though I did watch Camelot (dumb, but amusing) and Cabaret (fantastic) with my parents. As you may have noticed if you follow me on twitter or Facebook, I was without power from Wednesday of last week until Sunday (technically Saturday, but I was not home then). I ended up driving up to visit my parents on Thursday night and spending the weekend there. It was a lot of fun, in spite of my worries about the power outages in SE Michigan.
What I’ve Been Reading:
I have no finished any more Read Harder challenges this week, but I should finish at least one by next Friday.
- Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels, Book 7)
- One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire (auido book: October Daye, Book 5)
- Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin
- The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu (audio book – on hold)
- Chapelwood: the Borden dispatches by Cherie Priest
- Under the Midnight Sun by Keigo Higashino
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
What I’m watching:
I completed Voice earlier this week and there will be a review next week, keep an eye out for it. I really can’t wait to write about Tokyo Tarareba Musume, but I’m not finished with yet. I have three episodes left (8, 9, & 10) but the final two episodes are not subbed yet. I’m also working on what kdramas to watch next, I’ve had two suggestions: Oh My Ghost and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. I might try one or both of them, the two kdramas I’m waiting for (Man to Man and Ruler) don’t start until April and May, respectively, so I have some time. I also have some movies to watch, but I’ll talk about them next week.
- Tokyo Tarareba Musume (Japanese drama)
- Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu (Japanese drama)
What I’ve been listening to:
I’m still obsessed with BLANC7’s mini album, Prism (Google Play). It’s really great music to work to and I can’t stop listening. But I have listened to a few other things:
- B.A.P – Rose (mini album)
- Viction – all of their albums
- BTOB – Feel’eM
In honor of see SHINee this Sunday (!!), here’s a photo from the last time I saw them (May of last year). It’s crappy, I know, but still. Enjoy!