I finished another kdrama this week! My friend N and I, who saw SHINee together on Sunday, finished Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo on Sunday (before our concert, actually). It premiered back in August of last year and took us until now to finish it. It was 20 episodes and I plan to write up a review for next week. Suffice to say, we both enjoyed it for the most part.
I did not watch any new movies this week, alas. I was too busy with other things (like traveling!) but my dad is coming to visit me this weekend and I have a bunch of movies (including a musical) to watch. Anyway, onto the good stuff.
What I’ve Been Reading:
- Read a book in which a character of color goes on a spiritual journey: Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- Read a classic by an author of color: Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin
- Black Panther: a Nation Under Our Feet. Book One by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze
- Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire (audio book: October Daye, Book 6)
- What Did You Eat Yesterday volume 9 by Fumi Yoshinaga
- The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu (audio book – on hold)
- Chapelwood: the Borden dispatches by Cherie Priest
- Under the Midnight Sun by Keigo Higashino
- Black Panther: a Nation Under Our Feet. Book Two by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze
- Chimes At Midnight by Seanan McGuire (audio book: October Daye, Book 7)
- See You In The Cosmos by Jack Cheng
What I’m Watching:
I haven’t started any new kdramas yet, but that’ll happen soon. Next week some time, I’m sure. I will also include the movies I watch in next week’s update.
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (kdrama)
- Tokyo Tarareba Musume (Japanese drama)
- Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu (Japanese drama)
- Oh My Ghost (kdrama)
- Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (kdrama)
What I’m Listening To:
I’m going to try a bit of a different format this time, so bare with me (similar, but also different).
SHINee of course! I saw them on Sunday night and it was fantastic! I feel very lucky to have seen them live. It was so good. Hopefully they’ll release a DVD and album of our concert, or at least one of the North American ones. Anyway, to listen to SHINee now, check your favorite streaming sites or go to Spotify:
Next up: BLANC7 as usual! I can’t get enough of them. Listen on Google Play.
And last up, one of my most favorite groups EVER: Monsta X! First of all, check out the music video for their new song, Beautiful (off of their new album, more about that below):
I love them a lot, y’all! Anyway, you can listen to their new song on Google Play or on Spotify and I cannot recommend it enough! Their new album is by far and away the best of their releases (and their stuff is pretty good all around). It’s 10 songs (!!!) and it makes me so happy. I’m really excited about this album and I hope they do well. I also hope they come to the US, because they’re one of the few groups that I want to see and haven’t yet seen. Please, Starship!
Anyway, give it a listen on Spotify (since it’s not embedding right now).
And, lastly, a photo to get you through the day. I went to the SHINee concert with Taemin as my favorite, but left with the guy below as my favorite. What are you going to do? It happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Choi Minho in Toronto (3/19/2017) (c) FATAL (sources: here and here)