I’m a sucker for live shows, though I’ve noticed that a lot of kpop groups don’t really do the whole singing live thing very well. There’s a lot of lip syncing going on, which makes sense because they do a lot of dancing, and no one wants to hear panting instead of singing. It doesn’t really bother me, especially since I’ve mostly stopped listening to kpop boy bands (CNBlue doesn’t dance, they sing and play their own instruments and a lot of the solo artists I like might dance, but they don’t necessarily do a lot of it while singing). But one of the bands I do like (if not necessarily their music when they’re together) is ss501 and my favorite of their members (my bias, as it were), is Heo Young Saeng. He’s just come out with an album (my copy of which I’m (not so) patiently waiting for) and has been doing some promotions, which including singing, almost karaoke style, to his own songs. And he’s, um, awesome. I love his voice and his adorable little self. So, you know, enjoy. Because I did.
I kind of hope this’ll become a weekly feature, but I’m just testing it out at the moment. The topics will change, from week to week, and so will the format, maybe (at first). But anyway, here goes.
- As you’re all (painfully) aware, I rather liked The Avengers. It is, of course, not without its flaws, and here are two links that discuss said flaw(s): So I saw The Avengers and Those who are about to be flamed salute you, both by Cleolinda Jones
- I don’t really have any plans to ever read Fifty Shades of Grey, but I do believe people have the right to read it. Which is why I’m not really
happy to see that it’s being banned. But I’ll let Becky of RA for All say it far better than I can: My Thoughts on the Fifty Shades of Grey Controversy.
- As y’all know, I’m a fan of kpop and kdramas, so it’s made me super exited that my favorite kdrama is going to get a second season,
- Update on plans for Vampire Prosecutor 2 (Dramabeans), and one of my favorite kpop singers is set to release a new (mini) album, SS501’s Heo Youngsaeng reveals 1st teaser photos and jacket cover for upcoming 2nd mini-album release (Omona They Didn’t). Needless to say, I’m pretty excited (and yes, that boy on the right is Young Saeng, picture from here).
- And, finally, have Alien Huang (Taiwanese mandopop singer I like) on a bike, a calico lobster (seriously) and a baby sloth, because who doesn’t like adorable baby sloths?